View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 04:53 PM   #3
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Which players would you be willing?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bayliss
The thing about the "combo" paired with Dirk is the player has got to be a guard. As great as Dirk is and as great as could be.... he still needs someone to feed him the ball, and he still needs someone to penetrate and put pressure on the defense when all else fails. That is why Duncan and Shaq can be so successful. They have a good guard or two that will do those things described above in the 4th quarter.

I'd choose Kobe. I can't stand the SOB. But he would be the perfect compliment to Dirk, especially when you factor in Ginobili and McGrady in the West... and Wade in the East.
I disagre on it needing to be a guard. TD, KG, and Shaq are inside players. Dirk isn't. Heck, I can get Dan Dickau, Darrell Armstrong, or Derek Fischer to get him the ball. That is why I think in Dirk's case, he needs that inside player like Dwight Howard, or one of the three mentioned above. I only added Lebron and Wade becuase I think they get theirs no matter who is on the other team.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote