View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 06:58 PM   #24
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Which players would you be willing?

You're a flat out wrong. Dwight would have gone 2nd behind LeBron to the Pistons.

EDIT: I already learned enough about you from your "insight" on how salaries and the NBA work to kind of know what you will say:

"Carmelo is a better player too, if they wanted a better player they would have taken him."

I figure that is about how deep you can get cognitively when it comes to this stuff. Fact is that the Pistons wanted a young big man to develop behind The Wallaces. Fact is that Darko was the only true big in the top part of that draft, Kaman sure wasn't, Bosh sure isn't a "true" big in the form of a guy like Milicic, Okafor, JO, Howard, etc....

You put Dwight in that draft and he goes 2nd, to the Pistons, a team that values what Dwight does so well, great interior defense, good help defense, and great rebounding. And even if Dwight did fall the Pistons he wouldn't have fallen past 4th and the Raptors or, at worst, 6th in the Clippers. Hardly the bottom of the lottery.

As if your futile attempt to degrade Dwight by saying that is relevant, Amare Stoudemire went 9th and JO went 18th, draft position hardly has a value with how the player plays when they get on the court. JO doesn't think "I was #18, so I better play like Elden Campbell."

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote