View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 01:52 PM   #6
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Chad Ford trade idea

I love Jalen Rose. He's a badass. He's got the handles, the shot, and the confidence that I'd love to see at the two spot here. He's infinitely more versatile offensive player than Finley, and a more competent defensive one as well. He would flourish under Nelson.

I'm a bit cautious on Curry. He's a little slow of foot. He's not a prolific shotblocker. Mainly he's just a big, strong guy with a good back-to-the basket game. There's a real danger he'd just clog up the middle and ruin our spacing on offense. He's a nice player, but I don't think he fits well with this team.

I'd much rather have Chandler. He's a super-freak athlete in the mold of Kevin Garnett, only I think Chandler may be even MORE athletic than KG. If you had a contest and challenged every NBA player to jump as high as they could and touch a spot on a wall, I think Chandler might be able to touch a full six inches higher than anyone else in the NBA. He's just so damn tall and can jump so damn high. I think he'll eventually lead the league in both blocks and rebounds. He's got such a fluid game. Someday, he'll be able to handle the rock on the perimeter and drive and dish like a swingman. Talk about a weapon in this offense. Already he appears to be able to run the court like a swingman. It makes me drool to think about what he'd do here. He'll never be the centerpoint of an offense, but he'll be a very nice complementary player. On defense, he could be something very, very special.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote