View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 04:07 PM   #16
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Chad Ford trade idea

Quote:
Originally posted by: nowitzki_prophecy
Jalen Rose is exactly what we dont need,he's a very selfish player who doens't like to share,and doesn't have much going for him beside the occasional Jump Shot.
I'll have to disagree with you. Rose is as extremely versatile player. Not only does he have incredible range, he can take people off the dribble like we only WISH Finley could do. He's one of the quicker guys of his size. He's a great passer and sees the floor well. If you remember, he's played point guard in this league. He'd be much better in the Maverick half court set than Finley, who is known for dribbling the ball into opponents hands or throwing the ball away. If you put him on the floor with Nash, Dirk, Antoine, I think we'd have one of the most devastating passing teams ever to hit the NBA hardwood. Plus, he's a better defender than Finley. There used to be a compelling argument, Rose vs. Fin. Rose was the more versatile, triple threat kind of player. Finley was the more explosive, high-glying type. Now that Finley's lost a bit of his athleticism, I don't know if you can logically say he's a better player.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote