View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 04:18 PM   #18
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Chad Ford trade idea

Quote:
I'll have to disagree with you. Rose is as extremely versatile player. Not only does he have incredible range, he can take people off the dribble like we only WISH Finley could do. He's one of the quicker guys of his size. He's a great passer and sees the floor well. If you remember, he's played point guard in this league. He'd be much better in the Maverick half court set than Finley, who is known for dribbling the ball into opponents hands or throwing the ball away. If you put him on the floor with Nash, Dirk, Antoine, I think we'd have one of the most devastating passing teams ever to hit the NBA hardwood. Plus, he's a better defender than Finley. There used to be a compelling argument, Rose vs. Fin. Rose was the more versatile, triple threat kind of player. Finley was the more explosive, high-glying type. Now that Finley's lost a bit of his athleticism, I don't know if you can logically say he's a better player.
Lets assume he's a better fit than Mike,its still doesn't make this trade worth while.
Finding a PG in Nash's calibre is almost as hard as finding a good center,and Nash is the exact fit for us and im having a hard time seeing a different PG opening.
Unless you could get JK,i doubt there's a point guard that could drive the Mavs as good as Steve.
Further more,though it might seem a bit idiotic,Nash and Dirk are best friends,and i think we heard Dirk telling Mark if he trades Steve,he'll have to trade him too.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote