View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 04:40 PM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Chad Ford trade idea

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
The only people who like this trade are the people who hate that Dirk doesn't shoot 20 shots a game. I mean this trade is horrible. All Curry has is potential. He can't play defense nor can he be a presence on hte defensive end. All he has is offense. We have offense. We don't need anymore. Thats our main problem now. We have too much offense and don't know how to utilize it right. You don't get any defensive players just guys who basically do what Fin, Jamison, and Nash do right now. No, I take that back. Those guys can't even do what Jamison, Fin, and Nash are capable of doing. I just don't get why you want to subtract the Mavs lineup with the Bulls. The bulls suck.
I really don't see much of anyone that likes this trade...maybe a couple of people.
Yet, I'd be willing to bet that most of the people that have spoken in this thread believe that Dirk should get around 20 attempts per game...(maybe closer to 18-19)

It's not about liking dirk and trading people away so that he can get his numbers. It's about doing what's best so the Mavs can ultimately compete for and win a title. This trade simply doesn't do the trick IMO. Now, that doesn't mean that a few tweaks couldn't be made to make it more of an even trade.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote