View Single Post
Old 10-31-2004, 01:40 AM   #75
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Devin Harris will start

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Now I am a bit more worried about chemistry than before...before it was going to be tough to juggle all the shots/egos/minutes....but one way it was made eaiser was the fact that Harris was just a rook, and even though they thought he might have greatness written all over him, he was still just an unproven rook who could be expected to quietly wait his turn...Now the question of where do all these guys play is of more importance than ever before...I felt the team was pretty comfortable with the idea of JT and Harris at 1, Daniels and Stack at 2, Fin and Howard at three and so on. But now, Harris is playing one, Terry will be(I assume) playing a bit more of a 2 type, Howard as clearly surpassed Finley as a 3. What happens when Harris, though having his share of "rookie games", does wonderfully earning himself the starter spot at the one and JT performs well as a slashing samll 2 while Howard does his usual stat sheet filling thing...all three playing good defense and still making sure Dirk goes for 23 and 8 a night. Now, I think this might be a good problem to have(considering the frequency of injuries), but what happens when Max contract and "heart of the team" Finley declares himself 100%, new contract Daniels' ankle is ready to go, and Stack is feeling up to winning himself that sixth man of the year award? I would love to pretend like I have the answers...but right now, all I got is questions. All that being said, I am hopeful that all will work out well and have not been this excited about a Mavs season...maybe since the late 80's
It's a valid concern, but if we win it won't matter. Winning cures all ills and even if it doesn't, not many players have to balls to bitch on a winning team. If we losing they can bitch with the immunity of “I just want to help the team win”.

Bottom-line, Nellie makes 5MM a year to make it work. I just get the feeling that players bitching about playing time have never bothered him.