View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 12:45 PM   #33
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Trade Walker....

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Lo
of course thats true, and i do agree that time will tell to see if it is ultimately worth the shot, but most of that comment i said was prescribed to the owner of this thead. grant it is hard to no like what weve seen so far out of him, and even nve, turned out to be as advertised since he first came here, and a lot more. i dont think its a whole heck of a lot to think of AW in that same light. im attacking the regime that feels that any potentially positive addition into the mix, such as in this instance is horrible the fact that it detracts from the old boys as they were. assuming the product of what we created this offseason would be junkfruit. those are the same ones against stiring the pot a lil bit but want something done. the same people that feel that tried and true is better than new and innovative. i am of the school that believes that in time, this team will be a lot better than we all expected.

lol im not bashing you, did it seem like it? ill raise my hand for a foul on that.
it's all good . . . i just didn't want to be called a knee-jerker (or at least negative concept of knee-jerker that appears to be prevalent here) for what was simply my impression based on a couple games . . . i got flamed a lot when i first came here for just basic impressions here and there and that kinda annoyed me . . . but your points are well-taken

for me, i do believe some posters, but especially the media like to characterize players as being either good or bad, i.e. they either like to just focus on pros or just focus on the cons . . . an extreme example is when the media portrayed NVE as the savior of the mavs after his great in the playoffs last year . . . they hyped up his shooting ability, his guts, and his fire, but hardly ever mentioning that he was extremely streaky during the regular season, inconsistent in both the blazers series and the spurs, and that his size and shaky defense at shooting guard was an albatross to this team . . .

it's important to remember that nearly every player has his pros and cons and you have to weigh both to measure his value to the team . . . it's nice that a lot of posters are focusing on antoine's good box scores in his limited time with the mavs so far . . . but has the TEAM played well and won games as a result of it? . . . not necessarily . . . now, i'm not saying antoine is the reason why we haven't played well, but i also think it's difficult to make the connection that antoine's individual play has resulted in great team performance and wins . . .

both AW and AJ have their pros and cons and every bit of it deserves to be scrutinized over this whole season . . . but when I look at Antoine, I see that he's a good passer, but I say to myself, would his passing have made a huge difference last year in the playoffs . . . marginally, maybe, but not a huge difference . . . we succeeded last year with steve passing the ball and having the offense run through dirk as well . . . we had no problems scoring last year . . . the only problem we had scoring was when our outside shooting was off and we had no one to throw the ball down to inside for easy baskets . . . it just seems AJ gives us that much more than AW and AJ can get to the free throw line better . . . with AW, his outside shooting can easily be transferred to Dirk or Nash for more highly efficient shots . . . also, the most glaring weakness last year was offensive rebounds, which once again gives the nod to AJ versus AW . . . although individually, AW has put up better stats than AJ so far, in the long run, I feel that AJ fills a more glaring need than AW . . . but we'll see . . . let's not just focus on AW's stats and his individual play . . . let's see if it actually translates into us becoming a better team . . . the jury's out

3. Heidi Klum - the source of my perspiration
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote