View Single Post
Old 03-08-2023, 11:00 AM   #628
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
Is luka playing hurt? wasn't his thigh bothering him?

Also is Luka's minutes rotation based on his personal preference or is this something coaches have decided? Other coaches have traditionally pulled their stars towards the end of a quarter to give them additional total time of rest going into the next quarter. i just feel that playing whole quarters is not a good management strategy. or if you want him in at the end of a quarter then pull him for a short rest in the middle.
That whole strategy has worn drastically on me. In the beginning, I kind of understood it, but no excuse to do so with Kyrie here now. Alas, I'm not sure Kidd will change that at this point unless Luka discusses the same with him.

As an aside and as one of the bigger critics of Wood here, he played fantastically in his role last night and was much more engaged in the flow of the game on both sides. I say that because usually we don't have to worry about him on the offensive end. But what I saw was solid attitude and engagement from him when he didn't touch the ball for seemingly long stretches. By the way, something Luka needs to work on is getting him more involved much like Kyrie does. Anyway, Wood seemed much more upbeat and into it all and that's exactly what this squad needs. I think it's as simple as continuing to play that way and we should see a lot more of Wood and he should in turn see his shots and numbers increased. For me, we have enough offensive firepower that if he can continue to be impactful on defense, then this team could take a step forward.

Last edited by saclare; 03-08-2023 at 11:00 AM.
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote