View Single Post
Old 11-26-2003, 11:17 AM   #9
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Cavalier's Shopping Davis?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Evilmav2

I like Ricky Davis a lot. He's gotten a bad rap on the character issue, but that ABA style, high flyer can really, really play. He is a darned good passer, a darned good rebounder for a SF, and his full-court offensive style is creative and very fun to watch. Sure that whole triple double thing was silly, but whenever I watch him play he just seems like he is having a lot of fun on the court.

If he came to Dallas, I would bet that his transition to an established winner like the Mavs would be very positive in terms of his attitude, and his playing style would absolutely, absolutely flourish in a Nelson style offense. I have really liked what I have seen from Howard and Daniels this year, and of course I will always be a Finley fan, but I just have a funny feeling that if Ricky ever came to Dallas he would look like a younger more athletic Latrell Sprewell, and he might cause one heckuva shooting guard controversy in this town.

You are really overrating Davis here. He is a high flyer. I give him that but high flying isn't going to get this team any closer to a championship then a jump shot.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote