View Single Post
Old 11-30-2003, 11:07 AM   #10
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Bulls & Raptors Trade Final

I don't understand why the Bulls did this trade at all. They traded a good player with a heavy contract for a bunch of shit players with heavy contracts. They are now considerably weak at the off-guard spot- a position none of the players they aquired play. They added age and depth to good, young frontcourt. But it is a position in which they do not need depth. I like Baxter and Marshall just as much as Davis and Williams.

My best guess? This is another example of a new GM trying to make a "splash" by dumping old-regime players, just to get them off the team. The funny thing is that Davis and Williams are just as big of malcontents as Rose, but they are without his talent. I liked the Bulls mix of veterans and young players before the trade. I liked their inside/outside balance. I think that if the front office showed a little patience, they could easily be one of the best teams in the East. They certainly had the talent. What they did NOT need to do was to blow up the team and start all over again. It appears that's what this trade was intended to do. If so, the Bulls are going to stink it up for several more years, probably until the GM gets fired.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote