View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 01:42 AM   #108
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Umm, i never saw this "facts". Could you help me out showing me the "facts" for "gods" existence? And no, whats written in the bible arent facts, sorry again.

Again, everyone is free to feel and think the way they like. But NO ONE has the right to force HIS believes onto other people. How they wanna live their lifes, who they wanna love or marry etc.
Do you really want to go down this road? Because it comes with a lot of reading I’m happy to share with you, documentaries, movies and, in general, homework. It will still ultimately come down to a decision you will have to make after reading, watching and studying (and yes, a lot of that reading will certainly point to the Bible, it’s many manuscripts, archeological finds proving the Bible does correspond to historical reality, consistency and coherence despite many different authors over many centuries, etc). I wish there was (would’ve made it easier for me too), but there’s no AHA moment. There will always be a leap of faith involved that will need to be made by you.

At the end of the day, if all you plan on doing here is ignoring everything I say because your mind is already made up no matter what information I provide, I’ll just offer a retort as eloquently as you did by simply saying “We’ll agree to disagree.” I simply don’t have the faith it takes to NOT believe in a single maker. There’s far, far too much happenstance involved with what it would’ve taken to have all of us come totally into existence by some explosion, frolicking as an amoeba for millions of years before eventually becoming a monkey only to then turn into a man (somehow still living alongside, wait for it, MONKEYS). Again, but I digress...

As for your stance that no one has the right to force beliefs onto someone else, you are absolutely right. Despite this country’s early foundations being built around the belief in God, America is very much taking a stand against God and there’s certainly nothing I can do about it and likely nothing anyone can do about it given the speed and size of the snowball rolling downhill. Well, anyone but God that is.

You see, your knee will bow one way or the other. You don’t have to agree with me anymore than you have to agree that If you jump off of a cliff you will fall. But your knee will bow now, here on earth, before you die in the way of accepting Christ and receiving salvation or it will bow at judgment, after you die, in the way or condemnation. What God does provide you is free will to decide which outcome you want. He gives you all the tools, methods to know him (thereby HAVING proof by EXPERIENCING Him, which IS the proof but I wasn’t even going to type that above because, well, how do you experience that if you refuse to accept Him?). So no, Christianity, Jesus, God, etc are NOT forced upon you. You must decide. That said, the Bible calls fellow believers to spread the Gospel (good news) and that’s all I’ve done here.

You know the incredibly unfunny thing about this all? If I’m wrong, all that has happened is I’ve lived a gullible, chaos-less existence, treating people good instead of taking advantage, being kind instead of hurtful, avoiding sinful activities that would’ve been perfectly fine to commit given, in this example, there’s no God and, once the lights go out, we just become dust, etc. If you’re wrong, there’s not even adequate words to describe the fall out. “Everlasting” and “forever and ever” (terms used in the Bible) is a never ending time. If the Bible simply said a million years, well, at least there would be hope that, at some point, Hell would end for you. But everlasting? Forever and ever? There’s no hope there.

Happy to discuss in PMs, on a phone call, etc. Happy to share very specific scripture for questions you have. Hit me up. That said, I’m not going to have an argument about it on a Mavericks forum. I’ve said my peace on the matter and truly hope it’s helped in some way, but if not, I accept that and will leave it to God to do the rest. I pray you’ll reconsider though.