View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 11:43 AM   #193
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
It's hard to score or play defense when you only have 4 guys on the floor at all times

That is essentially what the Mavs have become for every minute that Powell has been on the floor these entire post season games.

Then when you factor in Dinwiddie's play vs the Suns that makes matters even worse.

I hate to be that guy but Boban could easily get you a few buckets and rebounds in 8-10 minutes per game and his defense can't b any worse than Powell's defense.

Hell you could essentially have Josh Green playing small ball center and wouldn't do any worse than Powell at this point. But your center would be able to dribble and pass (green) as opposed to the other center being limited in every aspect of the game beyond setting a few picks.

How a guy can make 11 million a year and not have any skills helpful for the team is mind boggling. But he's a locker room leader so I guess that justifies the contract
Powell getting the honorary starts over Maxi despite the knowledge Maxi is better suited in this series (check game minutes), has been frustrating to say the least. I get the idea for Boban, but the Suns are smart and good enough to turn up the dial and run for days which would put Boban and the Mavs in a bad spot on both ends. Fast breaks and pushing for the Suns and half court sets for the Mavs which feeds into one of the best defenses in the NBA. I'll throw Chriss in there but I have a feeling he gets suspended for running up the tunnel after Biyombo.

As for Dinwiddie, man...I'm not making any excuses for the guy, but he seems to be running on dead legs. Can't forget he's not too far removed from ACL recovery and this is the most he's played in years (bubble + injury). I can't say I expect much from him this series as the Suns length is effecting him eerily similar to Brunson in the Clippers series last year. I fully expect Dinwiddie to be in the most-improved player discussion next year as he gets his legs fully under him. All that to say it's disappointing we can't get more from him in these playoffs, but I understand the struggle.

For that, I'd like to see Frank and Green a little more. Their defense, length, and hustle would seemingly bode well against the Suns offensive game plan, not to mention a rebounding boost. They have to knock down a shot or two to not be a lost part on offense, but not impossible. Certainly don't want both on the floor together.

Edit: oh, and also, I still stand by my remarks that THJ would be a net positive in this series and playoffs for this Mavs team as currently constructed. I strongly believe most here dislike him because of the contract, but I can't factor that in when thinking of actual contribution on the court. It is what it is on that end. People can certainly argue his inconsistency and they would have a point. Still think his game would play well in this series.

Last edited by saclare; 05-11-2022 at 11:46 AM.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote