View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 08:00 PM   #200
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
We need to post Luka up and initiate offense through Brunson more. We also have to be aggressive off the bounce instead of settling for three point looks. Luka needs to get the ball out his hands faster when he's initiating. Swing the ball early and often. We also need more off-ball movement. If the Suns are going to key on Luka there are backdoor cuts to be had. It's just difficult when Powell is poo-poo and Kleber is a 3&D big. I am on board with giving Boban spot minutes to change things up.
100% agree with this take

Me & SMC have been calling for more luka post up's in the mid post or low post. That is where Luka can do the most damage to the Suns smaller defenders.

He's not quick enough to beat them off the dribble consistently which is why their big's can stay in front of him more often they can with Brunson.

Let Bruson be your attacker off the dribble hunting for the matchups vs Ayton, McGee and Biyombo they can't keep up with Brunson like they can with Luka.

Luka is a terrific post player and he can find open shooters out of the post up sets.

The Mavs may try to run those sets a few times per game and then go completely away despite the results showing Luka being very effective in the restrictive area.

He wears himself because he spends way too much time pounding the rock and trying to go ISO vs every Suns defender.

Someone thinks it's his calf injury I disagree with that notion. I believe Luka is spending far too much energy trying to the carry the offense when he doesn't really need to especially early in games.

Much like Booker in 1st Qtr's the Mavs need to let Brunson eat and strategically use Luka to save his legs early. Think about how Avery Johnson used to let Josh Howard go off on teams for 2-3 Qtr's and then Dirk dominated the touches and usage in the 4th Qtr's.

When guys like DFS and Bullock are only getting up 5-6 shots in 40 minutes of play that is on Luka IMO.

Let those guys get into a rythm and they can't do that by standing around and watching Luka dribble, dribble, dribble and launch a step back 3 with 3 seconds left on the shot clock.

Last edited by Dallas41; 05-11-2022 at 08:01 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote