View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 04:52 AM   #2100
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

My recent movie observations. I guess there are some SPOILERS in this post so....

Avatar - visually stunning and very beautiful. But whoever said (upthread) that the screenplay was a joke was spot on. Sorry, but Cameron totally mailed that one in. The characters, the story.....all VERY cliche. Whatever. It was a good "escapism" movie, but overrated (post-avatar depression....really??).

The Lovely Bones - another beautiful movie, something very different, but again there was something very lacking about the story. I'd read somewhere that it was about a dead girl that helps her family cope with her murder. I'd also heard it was about a dead girl that helps her family find her killer. Yeah, her family copes and they discover her killer, but none of these events have anything to do with her. And Susuan Sarandon's role was completely out of place in the movie. At one point her character has a light-hearted musical montage that makes no damn sense whatsoever. And I think Ebert said that heaven turned out to be some sort of celestial Facebook....which was a hysterical yet accurate observation.

The Book of Eli - just saw it tonight really enjoyed it. But I have to admit that many things that happen are pretty improbable, given the twist at the end. But I was entertained, I thought Denzel and Gary (yeah, we're on a first name basis) were both awesome. And plus...Titus Pullo.....HELLO!...*swoon*.

That's all I got for now.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 01-31-2010 at 04:54 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote