View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 04:10 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Are you for or against college football having some form of a playoff

Quote:
Originally posted by: kingrex
I have to admit a playoff system is intriguing.

Would you play these games in the same stadiums every year of would you shuffle them like with the NCAA basketball tournament?
Would there be an issue of "home-stadium advantage" for some teams?

No doubt it would make a lot of money. Not bad, Murph. I may not be totally on board yet, but I am intrigued.
Personally, I'd have the games at different 'bowl' venues. You could rotate which site got the national champisonship game. With 16 teams in a playoff, you could incorporate the top 15 bowls into the playoff system.

You could even still have bowls for teams that didn't quite qualify..Or, you could have a playoff similar to the NIT..certain excluded teams could be involved if they'd like (not as sold on this part..just thought i'd throw it out there. I'd prefer that there would be only one tournament with other teams going to the lesser tier bowl games that aren't in the playoff loop)
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote