View Single Post
Old 04-05-2023, 12:50 PM   #55
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Two of my favorite guys in this draft are Houston Cougars.

Jarace Walker is a 6'9" wrecking ball that's built like a Isaiah Stewart or Bismack Biyombo, but is more perimeter oriented.

Marcus Sasser is this year's Desmond Bane. Undersized 2 who can shoot and compete on defense.

It's a pipe dream, but would love to walk away with both of those guys. I'm also not opposed to taking Sasser at 10.
I like Walker a lot. I also kinda want Detroit to win the lottery, because the word is they'd trade Stewart to prioritize Wemby. Steward/Walker could set wicked screens for Kyrie/Luka (if we have either/both), defend, and rebound. Walker probably wont be there at 10, so we would need to get lucky.

Miller? I think he's overrated. His ceiling is Tatum, but his floor is out of the league in a few years. I'm not sure he's worth a 2nd/3rd pick. If we somehow moved up to 2/3/4, then I would investigate trading down. Get a 12+future protected first for the 2/3/4.

Dick? If we end up with the 10th, I think it's slightly too early for him, but he could contribute here. He'd just most likely play PF here and that is NOT a good defensive frontcourt for a team that was 6th in offense and 23rd in defense this year.

Hendricks is who I would take at 10 if Walker was off the board. I really like his game. 6'9" monster defender who can rebound and hit threes. He would immediately make our front court defense better while not costing us floor spacing.

Filipowski sucks. Don't want him.

Leonard Miller/Clowney are interesting. Maybe we trade the 10 for 20 and a future FRP to get one of them. Both should be available in the second half of the first round.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-05-2023 at 12:55 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote