Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 08:33 PM   #803
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_3_Ball View Post
Somebody tell me if I have this correct:

We didn't have a 2016 1st round draft pick because of the Rajon Rondo trade with Boston.

We didn't have a 2014 1st round draft pick because of the Lamar Odom trade with the Lakers, which was top 20 protected through 2014, when in 2014 it became the 21st pick & had been acquired by the Thunder from the Lakers in a trade.

We didn't have either of our 2014 2nd round picks because of the Tyson Chandler trade with the Knicks

And the two guys we took in 2015 and 2013 with our 1st round picks we traded less than 2 full seasons into their career.

What's worse is if you look at who was taken after Justin Anderson in 2015, and with the 21st pick in 2014 that we traded to the Lakers in the Odom deal, for the next 10-15 picks literally every other player drafted has turned into either a starter or meaningful role player.

Here's a franchise that doesn't value draft picks and doesn't know how to find value when it does keep its picks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Neat, you're playin the hindsight game, whereas I was talking about how I felt BEFORE the draft... Two different conversations.

I was talking about this before you posted.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote