View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 11:11 PM   #30
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

oh, no. I didn't mean to imply that any form of government would be better. Only "just about" any. I think the only thing that is necessary for our security is that when we do leave, there should exist one more country in the region (and this one centrally located) who is willing to allow us (the US, the UN, whomever) to stage operations when and if another taliban go too far. That, of course, means that Iraq can't be run by something Taliban like.

The other goals, like democratic freedom in the region and the inspiration that would be for others in the region, and security for the Iraqis from constant governmental terror are things we very much want (and are right to fight for), but are only beneficial for, and not necessary for increasing the security status of the US.

-oh, and most of the polls and stories I've read say that the general populace in Iran and Pakistan are much more liberal-minded (and America friendly) than large portions of the ruling bodies. I really don't know much about them, though, and could be wrong. I would think the greater success we have in Iraq (maybe just defined in increase in the well being of the everyday Iraqi) that is attributed to the US, the less the people in those other countries will think of us as the great Satan. I'm pretty sure they love us in Kuwait and Dubai, for example.

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 08-23-2007 at 11:12 PM.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote