View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 03:35 PM   #75
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:NBA to Enforce Stricter Dress Code

I'm going to have to agree that this is a bad idea. They've gone and turned Tim Duncan into a rebel, and I see it as having little to no effect on the league's image. When team marketing reps go to meet with corporate sponsors it's probably helpful for the rep to be wearing a nice suit, but sponsors only care that the NBA and its players appeal to the masses. I don't think the average fan cares how the players dress. Even luxury product companies steer thier marketing toward the masses (whom can't afford thier product), because it is the easiest way to build name recognition and establish it as a status symbol. Corporations that sponsor NBA events don't care if the NBA appeals to other execs. They just want the event to be popular.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote