View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 06:13 PM   #65
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
They tried Marbury and he sucks. Nash is by far the best point guard in the league. No point guard is even close to him.

Phx needs to do like Dallas and that is not alot. Both teams are very good and neither has to do alot to get over the hump. The hump for Dallas is Golden State and possibly Phx and San Antonio. Phx big hump is San Antonio and a guy called Tim Duncan.

Both teams need an inside man. Dallas offense, Phx defense and shot blocker.
Respectfully disagree. I'd put Kidd very close to Nash, and depending on what team I was I'd even make a case that Kidd would be an even better fit than Nash. The fact that the Nets have won 9 playoff series in Kidd's 6 years there is just astonishing to me considering who Kidd has had around him during that time. (only the Spurs and Pistons have more playoff series victories over that stretch)

He's led his team to the finals twice and yeah they lost convincingly both years, but my god, he went to war against the Shaq-Kobe lakers and the Duncan-Parker-Ginobili Spurs with the likes of Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson and Kerry Kittles.

Just look at Kidd's playoff stats this year. They're absolutely insane. Twelve games and he averaged a triple double. Not just barely either. 15 points, 11 assists, 11 rebounds. And almost 2 steals per game for good measure. Nash just has to score and distribute, and granted nobody does that better. Kidd on the other hand not only has to score and distribute, but he's also counted on to rebound and guard guys like Lebron because he's his team's best defender by far.

Kidd is every bit the player Steve Nash is, he just gets overlooked because Nash has so much more talent around him. Which team falls off more if Nash and Kidd swapped teams? I don't think either would be as good as they are now, but Phoenix with Kidd would still be really good, but the Nets with Nash go absolutely nowhere.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote