View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 01:14 PM   #49
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
3rd -- 4 helicopters went in. Only 3 came out, and one was blown up.
4th -- Firefight happened.
5th -- NO response from the military base in Pakistan ---- even though they (Pakistan) had never been notified.
This is what I'm wondering about too....

I think it's exceedingly likely that some heavy hitters within Pak's ISI were helping OBL. This is why we didn't (or perhaps couldn't) tell Pak going in. ok so far, but where the heck is the response from Pakistan? I'm thinking what with helicopters and explosions and gunfire and all that right in the heart of a reasonably a fluent and heavily military community, somebody gets on the phone and calls somebody else. It's a long ass way from Islamabad back to the border, so at some point you figure the Paks might scramble a couple of jets or something like that.

Moreover, what's Pak's response today? It kinda has a 'meh' quality to it. Their story is, 'we're of course mildly perturbed by the breach of our sovereignity but we're really happy for you otherwise, in other news...'

I dunno....but I definitely remain open to another possibilty that is far more congruent with Pakistan's reaction: Pakistan did know that the raid was going down, and they probably knew because they tipped us off.