View Single Post
Old 06-12-2005, 02:06 AM   #6
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Dallas | Philadelphia (7 Player Trade)

Fair enough, thanks for the feedback. We would save roughly $28,000,000 in cash so Cuban might use the MLE, I am not sure if he will (or should) this year. I think more of Dalembert than Dampier, what he did to the Pistons just confirmed it to me. I also think a lot of Iguodala, not sure what you guys think, I look at Josh and Iggy as basically the same player, both studs. Bradley is nothing to me, he shouldn't play and I doubt he does if we keep him.

What this does is give us the MLE to use and a better market to look into. It is a lot harder to find that young, athletic C that the team needs when those guys (Dalembert, Chandler, Kwame, Gadzuric) are going to demand more than the MLE, or at worst (with Kwame and Gadz), the MLE while the team that had them still has their rights since they are RFAs. By getting one of them as our starting center, we now look at veteran bigs to get as we kind of reversed our position at C. To me, it is much easier to attack the Zos and Mutombos in free agency then it is the Gadzurics and Kwames, as those guys aren't restricted and won't be around too long so that when DJ, or Pavel, blossom they can't have their spots in the rotation.

I dunno, in the end, I think (salaries aside) that Dampier and Quis for Dalembert and cut salary is a fair deal. Anyways, thanks for the feedback.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote