View Single Post
Old 06-12-2005, 02:28 AM   #8
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dallas | Philadelphia (7 Player Trade)

Miles, I really do like both the guys you're targeting with this one. It's just that, outside of saving money, the only other clear advantage is that the Mavs get younger at C. For a team as close as this one is to the top those goals ring hollow as justifications for shaking up the roster like this.

As far as the rationale you offer for trading for the athletic center, while I'm also sympathetic to that (and would absolutely love to have Gad - only Chandler has higher appeal to me), IMO the far more important consideration is finding an effective center, irrespective of whether he's especially athletic. Having an athlete in the frontcourt is a nice thing to have for matchup purposes and transition play, but the Spurs handled the Suns just fine in spite of the fact that they only have 2 guys in their entire rotation who can count athleticism as a strength in their games (TP and Manu).