View Single Post
Old 06-12-2005, 05:40 PM   #18
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Dallas | Philadelphia (7 Player Trade)

Miles and Dirno, you both hit the nail on the head. I've defended Damp as strongly as anyone here this season. I remember all those years we needed a center, and everyone just wanted a guy who could average something like 8/8. Nobody was praying for Shaq, or even an all-star, just a guy who could give us enough to get by. Then Cuban signs Damp, and all of a sudden the expectations for him balloon (although he may have brought that on himself a bit with the "2nd best center" comment.) He had a solid season. Anyone who honestly expected him to average something like 15 and 12 was totally unreasonable. The only problem I have with his contract is his age. There are six years left on it, and he's 30. So, that contract is unmovable. Even so, I've been very satisfied with his play thusfar, and, chum, your comment about him being a "a terrible pairing with Dirk Nowitzki at PF" is totally inaccurate and unfounded.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote