View Single Post
Old 06-12-2005, 09:55 PM   #21
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dallas | Philadelphia (7 Player Trade)

I think I said that they would be better off buying out his contract to be rid of him than they would be giving up talent like Howard and Daniels to be rid of him.

Here's an interesting question: if the Mavs weren't concerned about winning this past year--which, if you take them at their word, you have to concede that they were not--would they have been better off doing what they did last year (inking Damp to a brick of a contract) or waiting until this offseason, when the likes of Dalembert would have been available?

It was supposed to be all about youth and about building a core around Nowitzki for three to five years from now. Dalembert, or his ilk, would have accomplished that. Dampier flew in the face of that.

His performance in last year's playoffs notwithstanding, I do believe that the guy has SOME trade value. I'm hoping that they pull a LaFrenz and peddle him in the offseason. I am nowhere...NEAR...convinced that the Mavs have their best chance of winning a title with Erick Dampier manning the middle.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote