View Single Post
Old 06-12-2005, 11:52 PM   #25
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Dallas | Philadelphia (7 Player Trade)

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg if Damp continues to not be able to find a way to stay on the floor agains the Stoudamire's of the league, then the backup 5 becomes a huge factor. But only by default--only by the default of the starting 5 not being worth his salt.
There's only one Amare Stoudemire, and there's only going to be one Amare Stoudemire. I find it utterly ridiculous that so many people seem to think that Amare is somehow the model of all the future centers in the NBA; that there will be an entirely new breed of centers like Amare, and that players like him will be at all common. Nonsense. Amare is a one of a kind combination of size and speed, and is in a class of his own. The same can be said for Dirk. Dirk is the only one of his kind, and his game will never be common; there will never be a day when all the 7 foot PF's in the league will be shooting 3's. So, that said, really the only problem with our starting 5 is that Dampier doesn't match up against Amare, in which case we put KVH or someone else on him (I really think we would have won that series if KVH played.)

Quote:
And even Dirk himself is not quite as magic as Duncan is.
Not sure if that's really relavent, or true for that matter. Duncan has certainly accomplished much more in his career than has Dirk, but I think Dirk is one or two small steps away from being as good as or better than Duncan. The fact is, San Antonio has thusfar always had a better team.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote