View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 02:37 PM   #31
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dallas | Philadelphia (7 Player Trade)

CD, my point on Terry was that the circumstances of his arrival this year and Nellie's decision to bench him at the start of the season in favor of a rookie who clearly wasn't ready to be the starter on this team probably, no definitely hurt his play. Even if early season stability is the only thing that changes from last year to next for Terry, I think there's good reason to expect that the Mavs will come out of the gate considerably better than they did last year at the point. How much more we see from JT by the end of the year may well depend on how Avery looks to mold him. I don't think we've seen Terry's best by any stretch (in terms of the level he's able to play at consistently). He's very capable of efficiently scoring another 5 points a game more than what he put up last year, it's just a matter of finding a way to balance his traditional starting point guard responsibilities with his natural VJ/BJ/NVE-type abilities.