View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 09:49 AM   #3
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

What kills me about the auto industry is how much that hate consumers like me.

I'm a cash only car buyer. In other words, I don't use financing, but rather after going through the Dave Ramsey approach...I purchase cars with what I have budgeted and pay for it all 100% up front, I don't need a loan.

I've learned that to negotiate a price, I should NEVER let them know I'm a cash customer...let them do their finance pitch, let them offer "Special Deals"...then come back and tell them I need a lower price...once they give me the best price possible, I ask them to initiate the paper work...when they get to the loan portion, and they ask how much I want to put down on the car, I tell them 100%.

This really pisses them off...by then it's too late, they have offered me a price and they can't jack it back up.

These companies don't want to sale cars, but rather they want to sale loans.

I used to do car loans...but never again...I'm still working to pay my one last car loan off...with income dropping, this has become a real thorn in my side.

I hate loans, I hate credit cards...they are nothing more than slave masters, while a cash world is the freedom express!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote