View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 08:28 PM   #57
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
First of all, I'm not telling anyone anything about what is a sin, going to hell, whatever.

I dismissed your points because they don't make any sense. For those that oppose abortion it is not about "playing God". If that were the case they would be against any form of birth control as well. That opposition is because many people view an unborn child as a human. And killing humans is wrong, and against the law.

If you don't think it's a human, fine. That's usually the dividing line. But your use of the term "playing God" shows that you don't have an understanding of the issue.

And yes, obviously people use it, along with many other issues, for political reaons. That doesn't mean it's not a real issue. Your question of "how many people will face that choice" was comical. Thousands of abortions are performed every day in the U.S.
Have you?

Look jthig there are many times I post on here and wish I hadn't used the user name I did. I never thought I would like this forum as much as I do.

And no I wasn't trying to stir up anyone.

I actually thought I had a point.

Right now I feel very exposed for my last few posts.

But my point is still somewhat valid. We make these laws to say it is wrong to use a science one way, as long as it goes along with our morals. But if the same science is used to advance our morals it is ok?

As a scociety we are so quick to condem someone for making a choice (that tears the soul apart) in one direction, but hell John and Kate plus 8, give them a tv show.

So many times on here I read an oppinon on this topic, I just think..."This guy has no idea what it is really like." "This guy has never had to make this decsion." And honestly if my girl (the love of my life) knew I was sharing these thoughts with you guys she would kill me, but goddamnit some of you are so quick to judge and so very hurtfull and definate with your oppinoins. If you knew me, would you call me a killer, would you be so quick to lump me into a catagory?