View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 07:14 AM   #7
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
You know, I tried a new restaurant yesterday.. It's a small little place about 4-5 miles from my house. It's called Paco's. Obviously, they serve Mexican food. And guess what.. it totally sucked. I thought I'd try something new..something obviously locally owned.

Well, I walk into the "restaurant" and find a seat. It was easy to find one. It was around 6 and the place was empty. Perhaps that should have been a clue. I should have taken off immediately. But, I thought "what the hell, you can't screw up Mexican food that bad, can you?" Yes, you can. The chips and salsa were actually pretty good. The queso was obviously melted Velveeta (sp?) mixed with a little something else. But hey, it wasn't terrible. So, it was time to order. It was pretty standard for Mexican food. It wasn't cheap but it definitely wasn't pricey. I went with the steak chimichanga with ranchero sauce minus the sour cream (not a big sour cream kinda guy).

Well, I wait around for a bit. The waitress was actually quite friendly. She refilled my drink quickly.. refilled the chips and salsa.. So, that was all well and good until I received my food. Of course, it comes out with some type of cheese/queso topping that was actually different from the cheese queso that was served. And yes, it had sour cream on it. But, I thought I'd give it a try instead of having it returned. I didn't want her to rub her old Mexican teets on my chimichanga when she returned it. Surprisingly, the outside of the chimichanga was perhaps the absolute best outside of a chimi that I have ever had. But, inside the chimi was nothing but steak. Now, to the steak. It was so chewy that it could almost be classified as a jerky. And it tasted as if it was perhaps a few days/weeks/months beyond the recommended use by date. It literally tasted as if it had gone bad. It tasted absolutely horrible.

Heck, I don't know what to do in that type of situation. So, I ate everything except the steak and paid my bill. I didn't want to get pistol whipped upside the head. But, I did drop a number 2 on the bathroom floor so that they'd have something to remember me by.

So, here's the moral of the story. Don't eat at Paco's across from Central High School in Keller.
the question is: did you get diarrhea from this place?
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote