View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 04:33 PM   #25
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male28Dan View Post
Well, don't go to Nashville if you want good Queso. Apparently here there is no such thing as YELLOW cheese. Queso here consists of white cheese melted and NOTHING ELSE added. It tastes HORRIBLE! Also, there are a ton of Mexican restaurants in Texas that serve hot salsa, (not spicy hot, but cooked hot), and I miss the hell out of that. No one here has that from what I have found - just tomatos with a TON of cilantro, (is that the State Plant of Tennessee or something?).

I swear, I should open my own Mexican restaurant and run it like a Texas Mexican restaurant - it would kill here. Sigh...
So you must be thinking tex-Mex only. Mexican Queso is supposed to be white (queso blanco). Nashville has a HUGE Mexican population (granted not as big as Texas), and they do mexican food, not Tex-Mex.

Also have never heard of temperature hot salsa. Must be a texas thing. Not everything in Texas is the right way to do things.

I'm not a huge fan of cilantro. What restaurants are you going to?