View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 05:46 PM   #26
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
So you must be thinking tex-Mex only. Mexican Queso is supposed to be white (queso blanco). Nashville has a HUGE Mexican population (granted not as big as Texas), and they do mexican food, not Tex-Mex.

Also have never heard of temperature hot salsa. Must be a texas thing. Not everything in Texas is the right way to do things.

I'm not a huge fan of cilantro. What restaurants are you going to?
No, not everything in Texas is the right way to do things. With that said, I have had Mexican food in 8 states and "tex-mex" is as good as I have found, (and yes, I have had authentic mexican food).

By the way, "Queso Blanco" means white cheese. Not Mexican cheese. Bottom line, it looks like what I am looking for is Chili con queso.

Temperature-hot salsa, yeah, probably a Texas thing. I just prefer it a great deal over the other options. This place serves it, and they have a number of restaurants around Waco/Temple/Killeen. Maybe they have some in Dallas - I dunno, but they count all of them, (Mexican Grille #2, #3, etc...).

As far as the restaurants - I don't even remember all of their names. I ate at Las Palmas, Cancun, Monterrey, and several other "mom and pop" restaurants. No luck... At least I have found that most everyone can make a pretty good Chimi.