View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 06:34 PM   #9
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

There are actually a lot of old timers from Boston who agree with me. (All I've done for the past month has been reading their boards) Talent wise and legendary status, Mchale may not compare to Bird. But as far as the value each player meant for Boston, a lot of people argue that Mchale was the rock. It's really hard for me to make this claim because I only have about 30-40 Celtic games to base it off of (they are on my computer or on VHS). I was born in 84 so I didn't get to watch the glory teams of Boston much and if I did, I was too young to remember it. However, going off the games that I've seen--I really give props to Kevin Mchale. Talk about slow and unathletic, Mchale was even worse than Larry Legend in this respect. However, Mchale's footwork and positioning is probably the best I've ever seen in the history of the NBA. Larry could shoot lights out and he was never scared to take that final shot. He definitely deserves all the credit he gets, but I believe people downplay Mchale and his importance to all those great Boston teams of yesteryears.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote