View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 04:52 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I do feel compelled to say that I think the new Star Trek is going to go down as one of the worst-marketed movies ever. Not quite John Carter bad, but really bad. It's one of those cases where I, with a very limited knowledge of the series' stories and characters, called the "twist" after I heard who was cast as the villain... I thought it was very obvious who the villain is: spoiler alert! being that he's the only really famous villain in Star Trek history. I thought they should have built their campaign around that instead of presenting him as a generic villain. In fact, there isn't a single trailer that mentions his presumed identity, John Harrison, by name. It would be like if they didn't include The Joker or Loki in any of the trailers for The Dark Knight or The Avengers. It's currently on pace to make less money than the original, which is one of the best-rated blockbusters of all-time. Mind-boggling incompetence there if you ask me.

On a related note, I'm excited for the new Fast and Furious movie (though I am only a fan since the fifth one) and I think the new Hangover movie is going to make a killing. Star Trek is going to be one-and-done in the box office. Crazy.

Also, I think there's an extremely good chance that Man of Steel will beat Iron Man in overall box office numbers... could finish close to total gross of The Dark Knight. Looks like it might be the best superhero movie since then, too.
Star Trek will do fine at the box office. No, it might not reach the level of the last franchise to continue.

Also, oddly enough, the new Fast and Furious movie is getting pretty good reviews.. I won't see it..but it's shocking that the reviews are as good as they are.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote