View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #38
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default **minor Star Trek Into Darkness spoilers**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
It makes me excited to see what Abrams will do with Star Wars.
I have to admit that I'm a little apprehensive about Abrams' Star Wars... The reason being that my biggest gripe with Star Trek is that it's littered with too many callbacks, too much fan service.

What are the 3 biggest things that a casual, non-Trekkie, moviegoer knows about Star Trek?

1) Klingons
2) Tribbles
3) Khaaaaaaaaaan!!!

And not only can all three be found in Star Trek Into Darkness, but each one plays a major role in the plot.

If there's ONE thing that the prequels suffered way too much from (other than Jar-Jar), it's the ridiculous amount of callbacks and fan service shoehorned into the story for the sake of nostalgia.

Star Wars is in desperate need of a wholly-new adventure, and I don't think we're going to get that with JJ Abrams... Especially not with the same characters coming back (I fully expect to see a "Han shoots first" scene involving Solo's son or something - you heard it here first!)

Oh, and then there's this:

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-24-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote