Thread: Fin Vs. Stack
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2004, 11:14 AM   #34
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Fin Vs. Stack

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
Obviously I am going to prefer Finley but it is for a reason not listed here yet. I think Stack is a ticking time bomb that will go off sometime during his tenure as a Mav (unless we happen to get rid of him first). I don't think Stack will EVER be happy being the 2nd option on a team so either Stack or Dirk will have to go.
this opinion must be based on his preMavs days, because everything he has said and everything we've heard is that Stack is ready to win! And if his minutes stay healthy, I think he'll have no problem at all being a second or third option on this team. Stack is not so foolish, or self improtant, to think himself worthy of a higher rank than Dirk and has basically said as much in all his praising of the "Diggler's" great talent.

I also agree that neither Stack or Fin are players who stay hot. They both, throughout their careers have been streak guys, having the ability to carry a team for several nights and then diappering the next couple. Fin had begun to show this in his last two games after his hot start (a combined 7-30 from the field), and we all know that Stack jumper that was looked so sweet the last two games will eventually work its way back to somewhere around 41-42%.

All in all, they are two great vets who both need minutes. Am I the only one who does not like this idea thats being floated around that says, "Nellie should not have a set lineup, just ride the hot hand" ? I understand riding the hot hand in games, but if you are constantly changing your starting line to accomodate the "hot guy" you never will fully develop continuity. The guys need to know about how many minutes they can get...all this talk of guys needing "rhythm" and trying to find their "rhythm out there" is not just make believe, and continuity of lineups and minute division helps the guys develop continuity.
Quote:
Fuzz: "Anyway, if I may assume the role of stat geek for a moment"...
you don't need to ask, geek status is always assumed for you, PFuzz. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote