View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 09:50 AM   #56
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Give me a friggin break. "Mental state" has nothing to do with this. You could have the mentally toughest team in the world, but if the pieces aren't there, you're not going to win. And with the Mavs, the pieces aren't there.

It has nothing to do with "leadership" or "hunger" or any of these other mythical qualities. The X's and O's just aren't there. The Mavs are a poorly built team. Lousy backcourt, lousy frontcourt, lousy bench. The ONLY thing the Mavs have is a nice pair of forwards. That's not enough to win in the NBA.
It has all to do with mental state. Professional sports is 80%mental and 20%physical. So dont give me that mess about mental state has nothing to do with it. On paper, we have enough talent to compete as a contender from the 1 to 6 slot, which means only a piece or two is needed to compete. I think the larger issue is the mental state of this team. I think it is mental fatigue going on in addition to the 20% physical play. Dont know what is going on behind the scenes, but I would guess there is a bunch of pointing fingers and whatnots...
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote