View Single Post
Old 11-28-2003, 01:00 AM   #13
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Cavalier's Shopping Davis?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
Yeah, but if we can bring in another talented 2-3 for next to nothing- particularly when Finley's age is going to become more and more of an issue over the next couple of years- why not?

I wouldn't advocate giving up a whole lot to get him, but if we could send off one or two lesser talents to pick the guy up, I just don't see the downside. Sure, he needs to improve his jumpshot, but then again most young 2-3's in the league are in that same boat. A lot of folks have been down on Corey Maggette for the last couple of years, but all of a sudden he can hit a jumper, and he is not a threat to score 20-30 on any given night. I think Ricky has similar potential, and he would have a real chance to shine playing in our style of offense.

As I said, I wouldn't want to give up much to get him, but if we could send a lesser package of talent to aquire him (any combination of Delk, Najera, draft picks, money, etc...), I think he could be a really talented steal for us.

Talents there. No doubt. I'm not worried about the talent I just don't believe he fits on this Mavs team. You have young guys like Howard and Daniels who you could be giving pt at the 2 position. Ricky Davis' mindset is still immature. I still have in my head last season when he intentionally missed a layup to have a triple double. Did you see that when Nash was a board away from getting a triple double? He brings that high flying ability to our team but thats it. I don't think thats our main weakness.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote