Thread: Gay marriage...
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 10:13 PM   #177
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark View Post
That's it! From here on, as soon as a husband or wife is widowed, we should take those darn kids away! The absence of either a male or female leads to chaos! Seriously? Two loving gay parents would do a WORSE job than an average foster home, orphanage, state facility, etc? REALLY?
I'm not sure how you came away with this after reading the article I just posted.

Quote:
I can see the financial benefits being a legitimate cause for concern, however. BUT, as the article mentions, adoption can easily serve as a means to propagate society.
The article doesn't say that, and it's obviously untrue. Adoption is not a means of propagation.

Quote:
The abolition of slavery did little to save or raise money for the states...but somehow we accomplished that one. Ensuring equal rights for all shouldn't come down to whether or not it's economical.
You missed the point entirely.

Of course, the overarching point in posting this article was yet again to prove that there are coherent, secular arguments against gay marriage which have no basis in religion.