View Single Post
Old 10-27-2002, 10:06 PM   #47
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

What about the durability and heart that Emmitt displayed in this rush to the record. He never quit. I think his stay in this game has a alot to do with how much he loves the game and how hard he plays.

BTW, those yrd/gm are a little skewed. Jim Brown quit at his peak. He didn't stay around for the extra three or four seasons Emmitt has played for. If you cut off Emmitt's career at the same point, Emmitt's numbers would be closer to Jim Brown since he didn't have his last few mediocre seasons as an older back bringing down his averages. However, I do still think Jim Brown was the better back.

I do however give Emmitt the edge over Barry because Barry had a whole lot of negative yardage and didn't do all of the little things Emmitt did. Plus, Barry had some horrible playoff games (remember his 13 carries for -1 yards against GB that one year, just to bring up one of several instances.) Emmitt always played really well in playoff time.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote