Thread: backup point
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2001, 01:07 PM   #4
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

how about drafting Rashad Phillips from Detroit Mercy with Houston's second rounder that they owe the mavs for najera-langhi swap on draft day last year(damn, did we rip them off or what?). I think it will be around #40 or so, and I can see this kid still being around at that time.

For those who have never seen phillips play, he is about 5'10", but as quick as anyone in college. He is a very good scorer, but this year, he was asked to play exclusively at the point and avg around 8 assists/game to go with his 23ppg. If we did get him, he could back up nash and move eisley to the bench or another team after a year or so (kind of like Utah did with eisley/jaque vaughn). IMO, I don't think Phillips will ever be a star, but he will be a very good backup point, and that's usually all you can expect from a second rounder.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote