View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 04:48 PM   #1565
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
As much as I'd love for him to have signed here, it is interesting that we haven't missed him much yet, or Bass either. Dampier responded to fear of benching with is most inspired play yet as a Maverick. Gooden is a better backup than Bass, because he's a bigger defender with a more versatile offensive game. And he's about as consistent as Bass. For my money, both Humphries and Singleton are nearly Bass equals...better at everything except shooting.

Too bad for Gortat the Magic screwed with his career, and too bad for the Magic to have, so far, wasted all those millions to get 7 mediocre minutes a night. Couldn't happen to a more deserving GM, as every week Gortat fails to produce is a week his value drops...to below what they are paying him.

I could see Orlando as a perfect destination for the Dust Chip, because if Gortat keeps playing poorly, no one is gonna want that fat contract.
I believe I've missed him over Gooden. I've liked the energy Drew has given but I am not sold on his ability to be a physical center...

As for Bass...We have WAY exceeded what I thought he was bringing to us. Gooden, TimT, Hump all I like better than Bass to be honest. TimT might wind up being that backup center at the end of the day..not sure but right now it's what I'm thinking unless Drew does show a few more chops defensively.

But the magic get what they sowed...they played hardball with a guy who at the end of the day has THEM over a barrell now. If he stinks it up for 5 years, no skin off his teeth. If he takes the buyout, great he resigns somewhere else. They have spent a log o' dough for a guy who is not going to be happy backing up someone like that. It's why it's difficult (imo) to find young backups that are capable, they need,want and deserve playing time but cannot get it on really good teams. Some might, but most will not, they have to move on.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote