View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 08:21 PM   #1
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future
Default $3,000.00(US)... 5days/4nights... where should I go for my Honeymoon?

I've been seriously considering the Mexican Riviera... Puerto Vallarta in particular. I really want to just sit on the beach with a corona, but the wife will want to be more adventurous. Based on what I've read I'm definitely leaning towards PV over Acapulco, Mazatlan and Cabo.

Priorities (in order of importance) for Me:
1)Nice Beaches 2)Fun sight-seeing i.e. missions, wildlife, sealife, geography 3)Personal Serivice i.e. hotel, spa 4)Good restaurants/clubs

Priorities for her:
1)Shopping 2) Personal Service i.e. spa treatments, hotel service 3)Good Restaurants/clubs 4)Recreation i.e. sight-seeing, beaches, wildlife

If we go to mexico I've promised her a day at the spa (massage to the sounds of the ocean) horseback riding on the beach (preferrably at sunset) and a day cruise (partyboat/whalewatching/sportfishing)... and shopping of course.

OPTION 2 - Manhattan
She's never been and I already know she'd love every minute of the BIG CITY experience (other than the general rudeness and muggy july weather). This is not my favorite idea because my money will go farther south of the border... and I want to sit on the beach with a [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] in my hand.

My rough plans consist of museums during the day and shows at night. We'd avoid the overtly touristy things and concentrate on the arts... and shopping of course. A trip to NYC could help us decide if she would ever work/live there (her degree required internship is fast approaching).

OPTION 3 - Caribbean or Victoria BC... neither of these are well developed ideas.

Help me! I gotta get on the ball... ADVICE? THOUGHTS? PERSONAL TESTIMONIALS?