View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 12:40 AM   #7
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Good riddance you a-hole piece of crap

Whoa, whoa, whoa! When the Murph reappears, he's got his gloves on!

I don't really want to chime in either way, because when it comes to certain issues, I've never been a huge Rogers fan. But the mention of guys like Gonzo and Palmeiro and Pudge and Clark brings back some pretty painful memories. I've always thought that they shouldn't have blown it up when they did, when they couldn't get past the Yankees in the playoffs. Because the truth may very well be that those Yankees team were right there among the best teams to EVER play the game.

I just don't know how they could have beaten them. Damn, those Yankees teams were good. I don't know if everyone appreciates just how good they were.

Then again, we did fight them tooth and nail that one year, based in very large part on Juan Gonzalez's larger-than-life series. If only we had Wetteland that much sooner, and them not, who knows where it would have gone...
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote