View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 10:06 PM   #24
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Gawd I love playoff basketball. And gawd I love Dirk. When the two work together, they make me feel funny in my pants.

Dirk.effing.Nowitzki. Has anyone EVER score 35+ points while only missing two shots of any kind? Only one turnover? Are we looking at the most efficient game in NBA history? I have a hard time believing this has ever been topped. Goodness gracious what an evening. And I really thought they were letting them play down low tonight. There are nights where the play would have resulted in even more free throws. Dirk Dirk Dirk. Awesome.

Caron Butler was awfully good. Not the most efficient night, but he carried the Mavs for stretches and really ignited this team in the second half. Hell the Spurs double teamed him in the post tonight. When's the last time someone other than Dirk was doubled?

Jason Kidd was...well...Jason Kidd. He hit huge threes, he made huge steals, he grabbed huge rebounds, and he led this team. My only quibble would be the high turnovers, and that goes for Butler as well.

I thought Damp played awfully well tonight. I was shocked to stroll into the post game thread and see people going crazy for him being in the game down the stretch. I thought Damp made Duncan work awfully hard tonight. And by my recollection it certainly seemed like a lot of Haywood's burn came while Duncan was on the bench. I have to think that was by design. Not saying Haywood was bad at all. He was quite good as well. He brings a different dynamic to the team offensively. But Damp has a lot of experience to draw on in defending Duncan and I wasn't surprised at all to see him get the higher minutes tonight.

Jason Terry...ooof. He should thank his lucky stars that others bailed him out tonight. And this is why Caron Butler is so important to this team. He may not be a second scoring option night in and night out, but if Caron isn't here Jet's game absolutely kills this team tonight.

Marion continues to struggle a bit with the bunnies, but he hit a couple big ones in the fourth quarter off of the set that took advantage of how they were defending Dirk. And I thought he guarded Manu relatively well.

The team really, really struggled when Barea was on the court, either at SG or PG. Not a good night for JJ.

Great stuff tonight. Let's see what the chess match brings us Wednesday.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 04-18-2010 at 10:07 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote