View Single Post
Old 03-15-2006, 12:47 AM   #2
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

This is more of a knock on the Suns than it is a compliment to the Kings, but if the two teams meet up in the first round, I wouldn't be all that surprised to see the Kings take the series. As Mavs fans, we're all well aware of what Bibby can do to Nash. The Kings are also deeper, and better defensively (now) It would be very fun to watch Marion and Artest match up. I'd be very surprised if that series didn't go at least 6 games.

Artest has no doubt changed their identity completely, giving them that much-needed defensive toughness, but notice they've also been much better since replacing Shareef in the starting lineup. Even before the season started, I knew that putting Miller and Shareef on the floor together would only mean disaster for them because neither can defend or rebound.

As for how good they are, they're still a second-tier team, but their future is unquestionably much brighter than it was before the Peja-Artest trade (as is Indiana's) They've got a pretty good core with Artest, Bibby and Miller. I'd say they're probably a 50-win calibur team again, but if they want to be legit contenders again, they need a big-name power forward who can properly fill the void Webber left when they traded him. If they could trade for Bosh or land him in free agency next summer, that would make them contender again IMO.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote