View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 02:51 PM   #375
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
With you 100% (must spread rep).

I'm no hater of the rich. Many of them have worked very hard. I hate the fact that they've been allowed to weaponize the political process for their own gains, while politicians have weaponized divisive social issues to keep the people in line.
Of course! I try not to hate anyone. Only haters haha.
I have a friend/band mate who is a surgeon and leans Republican. I was denigrating some rich Trump cabinet member (Tillerson) way back and he said something to the effect of “you don’t think he works his ass off?” and my reply was “I don’t know. He may or may not. He and his family can probably never work another day in their lives and be obscenely wealthy still.. Just on stocks and interest and assets alone. So if he works his ass off it is in part a luxury. Do you have a stylist? Personal assistants? A chef who shops for and prepares healthy meals? personal trainer? A masseuse? The very best medical care? House cleaners who clean every day and do all laundry and dishes? Nannys? People who arrange travel. The very best accountants and financial advisors money can buy? Inside info on stocks? You or I may have some of those advantages above but likely if any just a trainer or maybe a house cleaner once per week. Imagine how much you could get done if you didn’t ever have to worry about anything except being productive and happy!” Something to that effect.

Last edited by mac222b; 08-27-2020 at 02:52 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote