View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 04:55 PM   #202
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
being "sealed" and "celestial marriage" and "spiritual marriage" are all synonyms, as near as I can tell, and on the subject of celestial marriages and the LDS I find this quote:

do you get that? according to orthodox mormon thinking, a woman can get "married" more than once but only after she's dead. tell me that "married" here means "go see a judge and then have sex in a hotel."

if orthodox mormons are this wacky, imagine how much wackier they are out on the ranch.
they are not synonomyns. My understanding (from a mormon friend a couople of years ago) is that a morman can get married several times (say if their spouse dies)... but once they are DEAD they are still "sealed" to their original spouse, in essense married forever in the after life, but they are NOT sealed to the subsequent spouses.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote