View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 11:07 PM   #28
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
I'm probably in the minority but I don't think the Spurs are boring. They have a formula and stick with it no matter what other teams are doing around the league. They constantly find the players to fit around the big 3 year after year. It can be frustrating at times but not boring.

As for tonights game: The scary thing was Ginobli looked like the player he was 2-3 years ago and Elson looks to have improved over last season. Throw in a young backup pg in Washington who could finally give Parker rest without the team falling apart and the defense of Ime Udoka (who had a DNP) and it could be a long season.

Aldridge is a beast and Webster might turn some heads this season. I can only imagine what this team will be like once Oden joins them next season.
Ginobili often looked last year as he did tonight. He just kind of switches back and forth between incredibly dominant Ginobili and turnover prone, out of control Ginobili. I doubt at his age he has improved since last season.

Elson may have improved, on that I'm not sure. He came out and looked pretty dominant their first game last year too (incidentally against us), but he never really was a huge contributor. In the playoffs and the Finals especially, Oberto was much more of a player than Elson.

Not sure about Darius. I'm pretty sure that most Spurs fans though Jacque Vaughn did a good job last year backing up TP. As for Ime, I've never seen him play so I have no comment.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote